file tag with number 32 on it

9 years 3 days ago #1131 by dude
tag with number 32 on it was created by dude
does anyone see what I see?? I SEE A METAL OVAL TAG WITH THE NUMBER 32 EMBOSSED ON IT WITH A BROKEN SHORT PIECE OF A STRAP. THE OTHER HALF OF THE STRAP IS WITHIN INCHES OF IT.

CUROSITY SOL 59 LEFT NAVCAM A TIME: 19:28:15
BOTTOM RT. CORNER
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawn

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • retired mechanical designer.
More
9 years 3 days ago #1135 by Dawn
Replied by Dawn on topic tag with number 32 on it
I don't see what you're looking at, but I did see a shadow that has nothing on the image that could cast that shadow. If I could suggest including a link to the image you're looking at...there IS a lot of little discoveries to be made in these ground shots, there's tons of neat stuff getting imaged!

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=NLA_402737115EDR_F0050104NCAM00449M_&s=59

:cheer:

More
9 years 2 days ago #1140 by dude
Replied by dude on topic tag with number 32 on it
the tag is in quadrant # 4 near the bottom corner of the photo. I will learn how to include the images with my posts in the near future. when I search I blow up the image first to 200% just using windows view. then I scan slowly across the photo nearest to the rover. try even 400% and I think you will see this anomaly. thanks for the comments. I get the images from the nasa/jpl raw images.

• dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 2 days ago #1142 by Dawn
LOL, I don't have senior moments, I have senior WEEKS! I think I see it now, I dropped it into GIMP to adjust the brightness to bring out the detail, and I'm not sure I saved it correctly (exported it as a JPEG, other members with experience please advise!) Please forgive me, dude, I'm very new to analyzing these images and you have given me a great opportunity to practice! :) Also, I suspect I am seeing fragments of glass on the ground along with your artifact! I'll include an image of what I think are the glass pieces this evening. Thanks for your patience, dude!
Attachments:

More
9 years 2 days ago #1143 by dude
Replied by dude on topic tag with number 32 on it
wow! thanks jane doe for including this image. I really appreciate all of your efforts. I just can't imagine what the odds would be of nature creating something like this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawn

• dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 1 day ago #1145 by Dawn
:whistle: Well, dude, after puzzling over it, I put it to the side for the day. Went back to the tutorial videos for the imaging software I'm learning to use, and practiced all day. I put it back into the program and now I don't see the glass I thought I saw! LOL, maybe I just stared at it too long! It's all good though, I learned a lot today, just hope I can remember some of it tomorrow. Thank you dude, and if you find something that needs to be looked at further, we'll see if we can ferret out the goodies! Will, toby, Ben, Wilson and all the others are old-hats at this.

More
8 years 11 months ago #1162 by Badsneaker
Replied by Badsneaker on topic tag with number 32 on it
Ms. Jane, what app do you use to process the images? Photoshop, Gimp...?

Thanks.

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: