file Squeezed-light source to make gravitational wave detector even more sensitive

6 years 2 months ago #11594 by Glitch_Neo
We live in exciting times

- When the "Gravitational Waves" detection, "Higgs Boson Particle discovered" etc.. hit the press I sat back and became quite philosophical about how far the human race has come in the past 200 years!

Isn't it a shame that Science has raced ahead of humanities mind set, I still see the world's population in a "Medieval, us against them" kind of head space :sick: .... Terrorism / War and Greed at the top of the "Arsehole of Humanity" list

We all understand the meaning of words like; Respect, Collaboration, compromise etc...

We all understand the amazing things the world can do if it moves forwards together hand in hand... Like the 50's and 60's after World War 2 the majority of the world wanted to move on and move forwards... My parents travelled the world, Afghanistan, India, Iran, Yugoslavia, Turkey, Pakistan, Europe (West and East) they bought a tranist van and drove from the UK to India in the early 70's - the world was mostly a welcoming place...

Now we see a more Insular and "Xenophobic" world re-appearing - It's a shame knowledge doesn't always bring common sense.....

There are ground breaking and theory shattering discoveries being made all the time - Just think what the human race could achieve if we collaborated on these projects across the board --

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: