check Curiosity Sol 1463 Composite: Structural Remains?

7 years 6 months ago #6381 by Todd
This is a three frame composite made from right mastcam images taken on sol 1463. There appear to be hints of intelligent construction all over this site. For example, the landform on the right appears to have a foundation, evident in the exposed lower left corner of the formation. In the upper left, a feature made of regularly sized slabs or blocks. In the center, a strange feature with a different hue (red-ish) than the surrounding landforms.

NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS originals:
mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=1463MR0073120050703620E01_DXXX&s=1463
mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=1463MR0073120040703619E01_DXXX&s=1463
mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=1463MR0073120030703618E01_DXXX&s=1463
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Harry, marlena

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #6756 by Harry
This might be one of the best sols to really see what the buttes are made of!
I created and enhanced the composite below of the eight individual images from Mastcam. There is a lot of good stuff in the images and completely agree that there is intelligent construction/machinery/more in the landforms.

Composite view:
waslifeonmars.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/panoramic-curiosity-rover-view-1e1-sol-1463-was-life-on-mars.jpg

A few areas from the composite:

You can see more here:
waslifeonmars.com/mars-sol-1463-composite-view-anomalies/
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Harry.

More
7 years 5 days ago #8158 by Todd
Here is the panoramic as processed from the PDS raw DRCX .img files. It really is a spectacular and bewildering scene. I recommend viewing it at the actual 8750 x 2022 size.

NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS originals
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Badsneaker, barkingsteve

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 5 days ago - 7 years 5 days ago #8159 by barkingsteve
Replied by barkingsteve on topic Curiosity Sol 1463 Composite: Structural Remains?
As always, thank you Todd for putting these together B) here are a few of my favourites from this panorama.

A square peg in a square hole

but a pyramid in a square hole ? wtf !

A structural support in the rocks ?

carved piece ?

haven't a clue what this is.

some more unusual rocks

Last edit: 7 years 5 days ago by barkingsteve.

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: