file Possible Life on SOL 787

9 years 5 months ago #399 by marwar
Possible Life on SOL 787 was created by marwar
Was wondering if you have any ideas on what exactly this might be. I was looking through some of the most recent Curiosity Rover Images and came across this photo for the Mastcam on SOL 787. Center left of the photo is a rock that is shaped like a horseshoe. At the bottom of the rock there appears to be an area of dirt that has been disturbed, possibly by shifting sand or it may be due to something different altogether.

I then cropped the photo to bring in the area of interest, adjusted the brightness and added a color filter and observed this.

As you can see it appears there is a hole underneath the opening of the rock and an area of disturbed sand leading up to the hole . I'm not saying that this is absolute proof of life on Mars but I think it is something that should be examined more thoroughly. In case you are still on the fence regarding what this may be, here is a stock photo of Gopher and Mole holes here on Earth.

I am interested to hear your opinions on this.

Mark
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #400 by marwar
Replied by marwar on topic Possible Life on SOL 787
Sorry here is the original image from SOL 787.
Attachments:

More
9 years 5 months ago #401 by ben evans
Replied by ben evans on topic Possible Life on SOL 787
good eye mark. it sure does look like something that a small rodent like a mole would make. the way the soil is thrown out from the hole (burrow) as rodents such as moles have this trait of doing this when constructing there little homes. this is very interesting. I looked for any types of tracks, but I could not see any, but that don't mean that he don't exists has he may have long since passed or moved on elsewhere. I saw a video on YouTube not long ago about what looks to be a rat or some type of a small rodent living on mars. here is a link you might find very interesting as to what might be making that hole. thank you for sharing this with us. ben..
the photos & article: www.disclose.tv/news/RODENTS_on_MARS_The_announcement_NASA_should_have_made/87110
the video:

benny67

• ben evans
  • live free or die
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: