file Another Possible Lake on Mars

9 years 7 months ago #228 by Darkemoon
Another Possible Lake on Mars was created by Darkemoon
Hey man, just subbed to your YouTube channel (Darkeblood). Love the work you're doing, I'm not with you on all of it but you've done a lot of good research and yeah, there's definitely something going on there.

Anyways, I was checking out some of the most recent pics and the ones of the rover entering Hidden Valley show, to me, something that looks like a body of water in the upper left had corner.

You can also see where it started to move toward it and backed up. Strangely, no pics from where it was closer. There's also a photo map of it's track in the area.

If you look at the color map, it really looks like there are shallow pools around the edge of the left hand side of the valley, and further down (south) you can see what looks like a deeper body of water. From a post lower in the forum with a link to a HuffPost article, seems they're going to have to find a different route because the sand in Hidden Valley is "too slippery". Funny, I've always equated slippery with wet.

How can NASA not address this stuff which, to me, seems obvious. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Have fun with this one.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #229 by WillFarrar
Replied by WillFarrar on topic Another Possible Lake on Mars
Welcome aboard and glad to have you on the site! Always looking for people willing to share information and ideas on the subject! I am very liberal in my ideas if you watch my channel lol. I usually go for the Why Not? type of thinking. This surely does look like water and it seems like we have skimmed along it the whole way to where the rover is now. I wonder why we have not gotten many HiRiSE shots at full download size.. The .JP2's of the area while the rover is there.

Feel free to post anything or if you have anything like this you would like to put as an article shoot me an email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I will set you up with an account that can do it.

Will

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: