file Opportunity Comes A-Knockin

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #2475 by Badsneaker
Opportunity Comes A-Knockin was created by Badsneaker
Now this is curious. Looks to me like a stone wheel (inside green) and is that a broken up church bench? Inside the blue some kind of dwelling, or Quonset hut.

This is an Opportunity PANCAM TruColor image from SOL 3793.
After a while it begins to resemble a public dumping grounds. Lots of stuff, here!

Original here: mars.nasa.gov/mer/gallery/all/1/p/3793/1P464913036EFFCHUCP2399L5M1.JPG
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Badsneaker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cruisedad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #2478 by Clonen7
Replied by Clonen7 on topic Opportunity Comes A-Knockin
Where do you get that image in truColor?

I need this in truColor:
mars.nasa.gov/mer/gallery/all/1/p/3793/1P464913886EFFCHUCP2399R2M1.JPG

Is of the same SOL, can you find it?
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Clonen7.

More
8 years 7 months ago #2482 by Badsneaker
Replied by Badsneaker on topic Opportunity Comes A-Knockin
Here you go.

When you increase the size, you'll see blue specks in the image. These are the result of cosmic ray hits on the image, which the blue filter is most sensitive to.

Thanks!!
Attachments:

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #2486 by Clonen7
Replied by Clonen7 on topic Opportunity Comes A-Knockin
Thanks!

I was looking your image and searching for the others images of the SOL when I see the image i asked for, and don't tell that isn't look like 2 "things" with hair:

The 2 zones marked don't look like rocks, seems things with hair, in one of them looks like I can see a hand too.

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Clonen7.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cruisedad

More
8 years 7 months ago #2487 by Cruisedad
Replied by Cruisedad on topic Opportunity Comes A-Knockin
Thanks Badsneaker!!! This is a fantastic image!! I found what looks like a little friend, and a handbag, Take a look. I was wondering about those blue lights myself, so thanks for the explanation!!

Attachments:

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #2488 by WillFarrar
Replied by WillFarrar on topic Opportunity Comes A-Knockin
Good old uncle Jakes junkyard buddy! Great pic. I just downloaded it and had it in the collection already. Maybe I did a video? hmm.. I cant even remember my own videos. haha. What was the color link? Did I miss it.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by WillFarrar.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #2489 by Cruisedad
Replied by Cruisedad on topic Opportunity Comes A-Knockin
You know it looks to me like a guy holding a tool of some sort in his right hand (you can see what looks like a front plate on it)
and guiding it with his left hand. It appears like there's dust flowing down between him, and what looks like a large stone.
Possibly he's got a powered chisel, and is doing some carving. Just a thought!!

Just came back from throwing the Frisbee with my dog and went back to looking at the furry rock. This guy is all decked out for work. It looks to me like there is a hose running up to the "chisel", with a portable compressor sitting on the ground which you can see between him and the stone. I think his head is facing towards us, as I can barely make out some facial features. The guys got one hell of an Afro too!!!

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Cruisedad.

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: